Happy Friday music lovers!
Up this week we are taking a look at Pink’s second release from her latest record, Try, from The Truth About Love. To be honest, I’m a little on the fence about this one.
Visually, it’s a pretty beautiful video – if you’re into that whole interpretive-dance-to-convey-a-point kind of thing. Well choreographed, nicely executed – and gets the message across that relationships are tough, and painful, and in order to get through them you’ve gotta try…try…try….try….. Or something like that.
As for the song – it’s alright. I don’t have a burning desire to shut it off, so that’s a solid start – but I find the chorus a little annoying, and the lyrics a little lacking. That being said, here a few things I liked/thought they could have improved upon…
- For starters, I’m not normally made weak in the knees by chiseled abs…. but folks, those are just…. ART. If I had a set of those hanging around the house, I don’t know if I could get mad at them. And I would probably hand wash a LOT more of those clothes that say you should hand wash them…
- Pink is no slouch either – by that I mean she’s a total babe, and her haircut totally rules. But not just that – she exudes that fierce don’t-fuck-with-me vibe – which I dig. Also, at 2:44 when she lifts foxy-abs guy up – yes. That. Sexual objectification aside….
- I like how when she’s running, her cheeks jiggle. Call me vain, but it’s nice to see that it’s something that happens to even super fit people. I will put this song on and go for a run, letting my cheeks go wild from now on.
- I wish all my relationship-type-fights involved dancing, deserts and getting all covered in that colourful paint-like stuff. Just sayin.
- At the end, when they’re running towards one another, and the jump into the air, and they DISAPPEAR… Not really how I pictured this ending. Here are two alternative endings the directors might want to consider:
- She runs at him, and he Patrick Swayze-Jennifer Grey’s her ass and holds her over his head. Isn’t that how all fights are resolved? At least in the 80s it was. Do that.
- Instead of them disappearing into thin air, they should COLLIDE full force and burst into brightly coloured paint-splosions. That would have been awesome.
- For the record, listening to this repeatedly while writing – it’s kind of grown on me. So there ya go – catchy little number, isn’t it?
Anyway, have a great weekend, and don’t feel even a little guilty about taking copious amounts of screenshots of those abs……