Hello music lovers!
St. Paddy’s day is almost here! That wonderful day that comes every March 17th, allowing us all to “get a little Irish” – by wearing every green article of clothing you own, downing pints of Guinness for breakfast, flaunting your otherwise socially-unacceptable-alcoholism and pretending you like the Irish Rovers.
Yes, the music is key on this very special day and we have compiled a list of our favourite songs that are somehow (even remotely) linked to St. Paddy’s Day. Enjoy!
1. Spirit of the West – Home for a Rest (AKA the BEST drinking song. Ever. Period.)
2. The Irish Rovers – Wasn’t That a Party?
3. Sinéad O’Connor – Nothing Compares 2U
4. U2 – Pride (In the Name of Love) (AKA U2 when they were awesome)
5. Dropkick Murphys – Going Out in Style
6. Flogging Molly – Drunken Lullabies
7. The Pogues – White City (AKA the most horrible teeth. Ever. Period.)
8. Damien Rice – Volcano (YES – He IS Irish! – swoon.)
9. The Cranberries – Ode to My Family
10. Van Morrison – Into the Mystic (AKA one of the most beautiful songs ever written.)
Thank you IRELAND for all of this great music!!
Have a great weekend and drink responsibly!